Friday, June 6, 2008

surprise!


I got a big box in the mail from my dear friend Linda. My first thought was maybe she decided to mail me all her maternity clothes as a way of saying she is done having children. She knows that I still want to have another, so this didn't seem like such an odd thought. I brought it home and was so excited to see what was inside!

When I opened the box, I got a letter that told me another box was coming and that altogether, there would be 30 presents for me to open in the next 30 days (starting June 8th). I cried a little for the excitement of it all, but a little sad b/c we talked months ago about her coming out to visit me...and this told me that probably wouldn't happen anytime soon. She knows that I haven't been very excited for this day to come, and this helps me be excited and try to get over my sadness. I'm grateful for her friendship.

No comments: